UPDATED RESUME (2015) : Curriculum vitae Rosa Galvez
- Sanitary engineer: Design water and wastewater treatment plants, evaluation of unit's process. Ministry of Housing, Pan-American Office of Sanitary Engineering - WHO, Lima - Peru
- Research Associate: Over 100 projects in various aspects of geo-environmental engineering and waste management. Among others, overseas projects on hazardous waste management, municipal projects of solid waste recycling programs, development of unit processes for soil, sediments and mine residues decontamination, characterization studies, soil contaminants interaction evaluation studies. Geotechnical Research Centre - Affiliated toMcGill University.
- Professor and researcher: Give courses on Municipal Solid Waste Management, Treatment of Hazardous Waste, Site Characterization and Restoration, Solid Waste Disposal Impact, Environmental Impact Assessment, Contaminant Transport Processes, Chemistry of Restoration Processes, Environmental Geotechniques. - Laval University and McGillUniversity. Various industrial research projects. Supervisor of 11 graduate students.
- Laboratory manager: In charge of the management and quality assurance from 1986-1994 of the Geonvironmental Laboratory at the Geotechnical Research Centre – McGill University.
In charge of the Environmental Laboratory of the Civil Eng. Department LavalUniversity from 1994 until now.
Over 60 publications on international per reviewed journals and conferences proceedings.
Installations and Laboratory facilities
- Environmental laboratory : Ion Chromatograph and Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer for inorganic analytes, Total Organic Carbon Analyzer, Gaz Chromatography and GC-Mass spectrometer and biological analysis for organic analytes. Equipped to run most organic and inorganic contaminants.
- Geochemical laboratory : Laser Particle Counter, Centrifuges, X-Ray diffractometer, Scanning and electron probe microscopes
- ASTM associate member.
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec, senior member.
- Colegio de ingenieros del Peru, associate member.
- Network of researchers in contaminated soils.
- Associated professor Univ. of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France.
- Associated professor Univ. of Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Univ. of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
- Ecole Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’État, Lyon, France
- Centre de Recherche Industrielle de Québec (CRIQ)
- FRNTQ – Research group in environmental geotechnics
- NSERC – Strategic Research on the Saguenay before and after the ’96 deluge.
- MEQ – Contamination at St-Augustin Lake
Spanish, French and English fluently written and spoken.